Monday 10 September 2012

Fun With Scammers - Part Two

Heard back from the scammer, who is operating under the rather dull nom de clavier Miriam Berma.
I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the conditions and i will like to inform you that am buying the item for my Family in Thornton Heath,so i will be the one responsible for the pick up and delivery stuff.kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that i can forward it to the pick up agent to calculate the pick up fees for me.

Thanks.

Joy to You and Me!!!

Here is my response. Tactics used here are changing names, obviously fake address and a random Invader Zim quote at the end of the message.

Hi Miriam,

It's great to know that you are completely satisfied with a guitar that is in a constant state of exploding, I do hope your family enjoys it.

My full name and address is:
Harry Paget Flashman
221b Baker Street
London
NW1 6XE

I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding the collection

Yours,
Archibald McNulty

TAQUITOS! And a clown with no head!
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Please can you help me? I thought I had sold my pram on gumtree to this "Miriam Birma" and gave my paypal address, along with my home address and mobile number.
    I googled her name as it just didn't seem right and your blog came up.
    I'm really worried now, what should I do?
    Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best thing I can suggest is to report 'her' to Gumtree. Alerting PayPal couldn't do any harm either.

      Sorry it's taken a while to reply, I'm not used to getting comments on my blog and I had no email alert about it.

      Hope you get things sorted out.

      Delete