Saturday 9 July 2011

Swift Les Paul Copy - First Photos

Thought I'd take some photos of the guitar before I dismantle it and start work.

Swift LP Copy - Front

Swift LP Copy - Back

As you can see it's not actually a bad looking instrument.


Swift LP Copy - Misaligned Pickup

Of course it's a different story close up! Both pickups are set about a 1/32-1/16" too far towards the treble side of the guitar...


Swift LP Copy - Fretboard Binding

The binding on the neck could be a bit better, but I have to admit it is a nice touch on an instrument this cheap.


Swift LP Copy - Side

Obvious plywood is obvious...


Swift LP Copy - Headstock

Headstock and logo, the logo will be lost when I do the refin, the dodgy bits around the top are actually damage rather than poor workmanship.

Swift LP Copy - Bridge

The action was really high when I got it, the bridge is now as low as I can make it and the action is still a bit high, but only by 1/16", which is nowhere near as bad as it was!




Swift LP Copy - Pickup Selector

Apparently whoever made it decided to put the selector switch upside down. No, it's not just that the switch ring is upside down, the whole switch is!

So there it is, the guitar as I bought it (almost, as mentioned before I lowered the action as much as I can). It's going to need a fair bit of work, but I don't think there's anything I can't manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment