Sunday 30 October 2011

Harley Benton GA5 head - It's alive! IT'S ALI- oh..

Time for the chassis out, valves uncovered test.

All plugged in, volume all the way down, power on... valves warm up and are glowing nicely so I slowly roll up the volume. And I get a sound! Strum a bit, and I get some decent clean sound, roll up the tone and the sound gets a little bassier... so far so good. Strum a few more times... and with a sound I can best describe as a 'squeak' the amp stops working again.

Hmmm...

Next step is giving all the components a quick once over, visually and with multimeter, just to make sure everything's okay.

After that, it's time to get reading because if there's not anything that's obviously blown up/melted/phased out of reality I really have no idea what's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment