Sunday 22 April 2012

First Job - Rockwood by Hohner LX90L

And so here it is, the first project I'm doing for somebody else!

Rockwood LX90L

Popped round to my friend Joe's earlier for a cuppa and noticed he had a Strat copy sat in the corner, which I promptly offered to fix up for him. The guitar is a Rockwood by Hohner LX90L, which as Strat copies go is, admittedly, pretty low end.

Rockwood Electronics
Yes, the body really is made from fibreboard.

From what I can tell it has a reasonable sound (it only had three very old strings on it and it's very noisy) and doesn't play too badly either. As is to be expected on a cheaper guitar those electronics have to go, so I might as well go the whole hog and get CTS pots and a Sprague 'Orange Drop' cap, and once that's done I'll re-assess the pickups. Further reports when there's something to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment